Friday, March 1, 2019

Pug Pals: Two's A Crowd by Flora Ahn

35498415
Goodreads,

"A hilarious, highly-illustrated chapter book from debut author illustrator, Flora Ahn.

Two pugs. One beloved toy bunny. What could go wrong?

Sunny's new little sister, Rosy, is getting her paws into everything. When Rosy takes Sunny's favorite toy, Mr. Bunny, and loses him, Sunny is barking mad.

But when Rosy sets off on her own to find and rescue Mr. Bunny, Sunny starts to worry. Rosy's never been outside by herself before. Sunny will have to gather all the canine courage she has and go after them-before Rosy and Mr. Bunny are both lost fur-ever!"

Goodreads - Pug Pals: Two's A Crowd

I'm so glad that I'm able to be a part of the Scholastic Insider group.  They send me books to read, review, and share with my students.  So far it has been extremely exciting and my students have enjoyed getting new books into our classroom library.  This was the second book I received a few months ago and I'm excited to finally get to share it with all of you.

Pug Pals: Two's A Crowd is part of a series by Flora Ahn.  It is about a pug named Sunny who gets a new sister named Rosy.  Rosy is extremely hyper and is constantly getting into Sunny's toys.  Sunny tolerates Rosy until she loses Sunny's favorite toy Mr. Bunny.  Sunny is furious until Rosy takes off to find Mr. Bunny.  Sunny soon realizes that she must try to find Rosy and keep her safe.

This book is so adorable.  The illustrations are a wonderful and cute addition that makes the story so much better.  My favorite part of the whole book was Sunny learning how to love and accept Rosy.  Sunny was an older dog who was really comfortable in her life with her humans, but her world was flipped upside down when a new energetic puppy came to live with them.  Sunny didn't like Rosy until Rosy disappeared to find Mr. Bunny.  Sunny then decided to take off after Rosy to find her and make sure she was okay.  I know this would definitely translate into a relationship with a sibling.  I know a lot of older siblings get agitated with the antics of younger siblings.  I think that kids with siblings would really connect with this book and with the characters.

This book was a great read and I can't wait for my students to get their hands on this.  I give this 4 stars and recommend it to kids in grades 2nd to 4th grade. 

No comments:

Post a Comment