Friday, November 8, 2019

Sinner by Maggie Stiefvater

18406862From Goodreads,

"found.
Cole St. Clair has come to California for one reason: to get Isabel Culpeper back. She fled from his damaged, drained life, and damaged and drained it even more. He doesn't just want her. He needs her. 

lost. 
Isabel is trying to build herself a life in Los Angeles. It's not really working. She can play the game as well as all the other fakes...but what's the point? What is there to win?

sinner.
Cole and Isabel share a past that never seemed to have a future. They have the power to save each other and the power to tear each other apart. The only thing for certain is that they cannot let go."

Goodreads - Sinner

This journey with the Wolves of Mercy Falls is finally coming to a close.  Sinner is the last book in this series and it is finally time to give it a proper review after reading it.

Sinner takes place in California following the rockstar Cole St.Clair.  Cole is madly in love with Isabel and he is trying to fix his mistakes and win her over.  Isabel is busy trying to create a new life in California while she works at a boutique and goes to school to be a doctor.  Everything is centered around their relationship and if they can finally make it work.

This was the first time that I had read this book and frankly, I wish I hadn't.  I'm not entirely sure why Sinner was included as a part of the Wolves of Mercy Falls series because it had no connections except for the crossover of characters Cole and Isabel.  The entire book is from their rotating perspectives, and Grace and Sam were only briefly mentioned.  I absolutely hated this book.  I really thought there would be strong tie-ins to the original three books, but Cole randomly turned into a wolf to get a sort of high from it.  This book should not have ever been written.

I also hated that this book had no plot.  The plot is all about the roller coaster that the characters and the reader go on.  This book was like being on a merry go round.  It was in a circle with no excitement.  There were no climactic points in the book that made me unable to put the book down.  It was quite the opposite and I struggled to pick it up and read it.  The characters were secondary characters in the main series, and they were forced into being the main characters, but there wasn't enough dimension to them to keep them interesting.  Every aspect of this book was lacking. 

I absolutely hated this book and wish that I hadn't read it.  I also wish I hadn't wasted my money purchasing it.  The book was so flat and boring that it took me two months to read it.  I honestly don't recommend this book, even if you have read the other three in the series.  It is not worth the time and effort.  I give it one sad star because this book was awful. 

No comments:

Post a Comment