Sunday, June 5, 2016

Darling, I Love Books

Welcome to my new blog about books!!

My name is Rebekah and I'm a teacher who loves to read and write.  It's currently summer break after my first year of teaching and I've been doing a LOT of reading in my downtime.  My friends and family typically know what book I'm currently reading and they sometimes ask for updates. (Okay sometimes I give them updates without them asking!)  But I try to share my love for reading with as many people as I can.

I've found that the trick to getting someone to read is to find something they WANT to read about.  You have to find something that interests you.  So many of my kids started to enjoy reading once they found a topic they wanted to read about.  That's a little secret to getting people to read.  Find something they enjoy reading about.  So many people don't read after high school and that is absolutely depressing.  I hope that someone who reads this blog will read a review that piques their interest and that it convinces them to go read the book.

I'm excited to read a ton of books and then share my thoughts, feelings, and connections with everyone.  I'm excited to take everyone with me on this reading journey and I'm even more excited to share my love of books with you!  I will try to post new book reviews on Tuesdays and Fridays, but may sometimes post other days depending on my excitement about a book!  I would love to hear what you have to say, so don't be afraid to drop a comment!  

Until next time my darlings! 

No comments:

Post a Comment