Friday, June 24, 2016

Forget Me by K.A. Harrington

18311425From Goodreads

"An edge-of-your seat psychological thriller with a romantic twist

On the three-month anniversary of her boyfriend Flynn’s death, Morgan uploads her only photo of him to FriendShare to get some closure—but she’s shocked when the facial recognition software suggests she tag him as "Evan Murphy." She’s never heard of Evan, but a quick search tells her that he lives in a nearby town and looks exactly like Flynn. Only this boy is very much alive.

Digging through layers of secrets and lies, Morgan is left questioning everything she thought she knew about her boyfriend, her town, and even her parents' involvement in this massive web of lies."

Goodreads - Forget Me

This book did not turn out like I thought it was going to.  It was a little sad that what was expected didn't happen, but it was also good to read a book that had an unexpected ending.  The entire gist of the book is that Morgan's boyfriend dies in an accident.  In trying to accept what has happened she uploads a picture of him to a social media site where it recognizes him as someone else.  She begins investigating and secrets slowly start tumbling out of the closet.  She, along with some friends, discover a huge cover up that took place in the town and the secrets that center around a closed company.  The book has a few very unexpected twists.  I definitely had to go back a couple times to reread a chapter because I couldn't believe what was happening.

This book was very interesting.  There were an adequate amount of characters in the book and they all had intertwined back stories.  The story is told by Morgan who is trying to come to terms that her mysterious boyfriend Flynn was murdered in a freak accident.  Morgan knew Flynn, but didn't really know the real side of Flynn.  Throughout the book we learn all about Flynn and who he really was and what he was really doing.  Morgan does eventually make friends with Evan Murphy, who the social media site suggests she tag when Morgan posts a picture of Flynn.  I didn't really like how a romance thing blossomed between Morgan and Evan.  I felt like Morgan was kind of betraying Flynn, even though Morgan didn't know the real Flynn.  It irritated me how quickly she jumped into feelings for Evan.  She tried to claim it wasn't because he looked like Flynn, but in reality I think she fell for Evan because he looked so much like Flynn.

The book was also full of suspense.  The entire book I kept guessing who Flynn really was and what his motives were.  Once I found out about Flynn, then I kept guessing what Morgan's parents were hiding, and then eventually what the secret was with Evan.  I've read suspense and whodunit books, but this one really kept me on edge.  There was a lot that was going on in the town and it was clear from the start that someone was covering something up.  This was a book that I tried to piece things together as I read, but there were so many pieces to this puzzle that I couldn't put it all together until the very end.  Once I got to the end I was shocked at who was behind all the mayhem and how they fit into the rest of the backstory of the book.  It was a marvelous ending, and I don't say that too often.  There were times where I felt like I was confused at what was happening and I had to go back to reread what had happened.

This was a good book with lots of suspense with a touch of romance.  This would be a good book for someone who wants a book where they want to try to figure out whodunit and why.  I give this book 3.5 stars out of 5 only because it was a tiny bit confusing at times.

No comments:

Post a Comment